David Whitfield – Video Final Export

Having completed changes to the rough cut video in Premiere Pro, I have exported the final video for my Creative Futures assignment.

During the editing between the rough and final cut, I completed the following changes:

  • Changed font on opening and closing titles.
  • Altered background music volume
  • Changed key frames for fade in/fade out on background music
  • Changed key frames for fade in/fade out on video feed
  • Removed dead frames in the video to ensure smooth transitions
  • Changed the script between 0.10 and 2.20
  • Completed a new voice over section between 0.10 and 2.20

The final edit of the video is being hosted on Vimeo, and can be viewed here

David Whitfield – Rough Cut Video

 

I exported a rough cut of my video, and requested a viewing from my lecturer, and a couple of people who have not been involved in the process of filming and editing.

My reasoning for this was to get their opinion as a viewer, rather than as someone completely immersed in the project.

The initial cut is available on Vimeo, and I have deliberately kept that there, to refer back to whilst making the final cut, and for comparison at the end of the final project.

 

Creative Futures Semester 2 Assignment 1 – Dave Eccles – Digital Files for Printer

As discussed elsewhere in this assignment, I used a standard folder structure to ensure that all images and documents were readily accessible, and in a logical place so that if I required anything, I knew exactly where to find it.

Digital Files For Assignment

Digital Files For Assignment

By keeping on top of this, I could export this file structure to a ZIP file to send off to the printers, or via a proprietry cloud storage facility.

Once sent to the printers, they have complete access to everything they require to ensure a smooth print run.

For the final export, the image below shows the files to be sent to the printers.  Within the Fonts folder, there are 5 fonts, 4 of which are Open Type, and 1 is True Type.  Moving to the Links folder, this contains 6 photos or graphics that have been imported into the InDesign file.

DigitalFiles-Export

DigitalFiles-Export

I have included a copy of the PDF, as well as the Indesign Document, and the text file exported when using Preflight and InBooklet.  The files can be accessed via this link.

 

 

Creative Futures Semester 2 Assignment 1 – Dave Eccles – Export of Booklet to PDF

The foodbank booklet is designed to be exported and sent to a professional printer, using the paper weight and quality that I have specified elsewhere.

In order to send a draft copy to the printer, and also so that I can keep a copy on my blog as evidence, I have exported this file to a standard PDF file.  Whereas the InBooklet export shows the pages as it would be printed out, ready for assembling into the booklet, the PDF just shows the pages in sequence.

PDF Screenshot

PDF Screenshot

 

Foodbank PDF Export

The advantage of viewing the booklet like this, either electronically or printed, is that you can see what each of the pages looks like in it’s own right, and annotations can be made within the PDF file and saved, before heading into a large and costly print run.

Within my file structure, I have made two copies of this export, a High Resolution export for my copy, and other Low Resolution export ready to send to the printer via email.

 

Creative Futures Semester 2 Assignment 1 – Dave Eccles – Using Preflight

Before exporting the booklet to send for professional printing, I ran the process known as Preflight.

This is to eliminate any problems, or potential problems with the files being sent away.

Things that can come up during this checking can include fonts being unavailable or disabled, or if an image is not linked correctly within the InDesign file.

The only issue that has arisen is the images are showing with an warning yellow triangle on this running of Preflight.  This is due to me running these screenshots from a backup copy of the booklet, and I have not transferred the photos to the backup folder.

The colour settings are also shown as RGB, rather than CMYK, and this is due to running InDesign CS2, rather than the version CS6 which is installed at University.  When doing the final export, I will ensure that it is exported using the latest version available, and this will solve both issues highlighted in this Preflight export.

Creative Futures Semester 2 Assignment 1 – Dave Eccles – Export of Booklet using InBooklet

To print the booklet out at home, so that I can check for errors and omissions, I used InBooklet so that the Facing Pages option would be shown.

In the images below, you can see that the booklet prints out using 1,8 – 2,7 – 3,6 – 4-5 on each of the four pages that print out.

The print information is located on each of the pages.  Colours at the top left and Greyscales at the top right, with the Filename, Spread x of x, so in this case Spread 1 of 4, 2 of 4 etc, the pages that they correspond to, 8/1, 2/7, 6/3 and 4/5, and the date and time that the file was created.

As shown above, I have left the radio button for All Spreads as selected, together with all the tick boxes for Crop, Registration and Bleed Marks.  The margins, bleed and slug are confirmed in the second image as per the original setup of the document.