During the process to create the Immersive Web Experience (IWE), I have gained lots of experience in creating content that is outside the usual boundaries of telling a story.
Using software that I have been unwilling to explore was a revelation to me, and I am very pleased that I took the leap of faith and used these, because without them, I’m not sure that the final product would have been as satisfactory for me.
Using Mindomo and Pearltrees has been a real eye opener for me, and I’m only sorry that I didn’t use them sooner. To keep all of the relevant information in one place to refer back to on Pearltrees is a whole lot easier than keeping scraps of paper on my desk, or in my inbox.
Using that information, and then adding that content to Mindomo to visualise the finalised product is certainly going to be my approach going forward into the next year of the course.
Mindomo – Richie Benaud
The initial mockup of the IWE using Powerpoint, was not a complete disaster, but it didn’t give the level of interactivity that I wanted to show, and I was very thankful that my lecturer was able to give me some time during the lesson, and also via email to get me on the right track with it. The final version using InVision is 100% better than the product I would have shown using Powerpoint.
Original Cover Edited
Use of InVision
Using a combination of Photoshop to create the screens, and InVision to show the interactivity gives the final product form and function, and shows what is possible with dedicated IWE software, and I look forward to using my skills in the second year to create an IWE with full functionality.
The final piece of software I have explored during this assignment is Prezi. I have to be honest, I thought it was a little gimmicky in the first semester, but I realise the power of it, and the fact that I can present something on the computer screen, but control it with my Ipad sold the idea to me. So, I persevered with it, and created my final presentation using it, and I’m very happy with the outcome.
In summary, I’m fairly satisfied with the overall assignment, in terms of management of time, use of technology, and the final outcome. The only downside is that I was unable to create the printed version, after this was dropped from the assignment, but I am sure that one of those will appear on the blog in the future, in my own time.
I am looking forward to using these skills going forward into the next year.